Search This Site.

Am I eligable for California unemployment because my husband is in the military?

by Janie
(Fresno California)

My husband reenlisted in the military. He is being transferred to Florida. I am working in California. Will I be eligible for UI when I move?

Janie, you would be eligible because California has a provision that allows unemployment when a person quits to follow their spouse because the distance to commute becomes to great.

Moving to follow a military spouse is often good cause even when moving to follow a non-military spouse isn't considered good cause.

Click here to post comments

Return to California Unemployment Questions.

} }