Search This Site.

CA Unemployment benefits when you quit to follow a spouse

by Candace


I had to quit my job in December 2008 to relocate and follow my husband because he was offered a better job in Texas. However, the job fell through. Am I eligible for unemployment benefits?


California does allow unemployment if you need to quit to follow a spouse and the distance to commute is to great, but there is a possibility you may be asked about your spouses new job.

You should read the California's eligibility guide first.

If your husband can prove he had an assurance of work he may also be eligible for California unemployment benefits if he quit a job to take the one that fell through.

Click here to post comments

Return to California Unemployment Questions.

} }