Search This Site.

California or Maine?

My Husband recently died and I was laid off several days later. I have to move to Maine to live with my kids. I have worked in Ca 30 years. Do I collect my UI from CA or Maine?


California. You will be collecting from California.

But it is sometimes possible that the state you move to will become the "agent state" for the claim .. even though California will continue to be the liable state for benefits paid.

Additionally, when you move .. the time spent moving is usually time you are not able and available for work .. so answer the questions on the claim form accordingly.

And because you will be living in another state .. you will probably be required to register for work through the new state's employment department and adhere to their work search requirements.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }