Search This Site.

Can I collect Nevada unemployment if I move to Canada?

by jl hiltner
(henderson nevada usa)

I m going to Canada to find work I will not have medical insurance there can I still apply for unemployment in the US.


That's a good question and one to which I don't know the answer.

Even though "most" states will allow you to collect unemployment on the wages based in one state if you live in another, they also require you to register for work in the state where you are living and follow that state's job search requirements.

I do know there is some kind of "unemployment treaty" between the US and Canada, but I don't know the specifics.

If I were you I'd call the state and pose the question.

It would also be nice if you let us know what you find out.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }