Search This Site.

Can I get unemplyomert due to my husbands pcs orders?

by crystal

Hi I just moved from va to ca I worked at my job for 8 years and my husband is in the navy and received new orders to trasnfer to ca and I was told since I had to leave my job to come to Ca and that there is not another RUI company in Ca I can get unemplyoment is this true and who do I file unemplyoment with Va or Ca? I live in Ca right now and I am a nurse and it takes 3 months to transfer my lpn lisc so I can not work for 3 months waiting on my lisc

Hi Crystal,

Yes you should be able to collect unemployment because you are a "military spouse". In fact many states restrict benefits to only military spouses who quit to follow.

I think you could file in either state, but California should be able to handle the interstate claim .. which is what your claim would be.

Click here to post comments

Return to Quitting and Unemployment.

} }