Search This Site.

Can I quit because I'm moving back home to help take care of my grandmother? I live and work in WA right now and I'm moving back to Oregon.

by Vicky
(Washington State)

I'm currently working in Washington but I decided to move back to Oregon to help out with my grandma. She is getting old and needs extra assistant. She is currently living at home with my parents but they both work full time. I want to move back home to help take care of her. Can I apply for unemployment still?


Hi Vicky,

First, you should read the statute and then it's helpful to see how the state interprets the statute.

I have concerns for your circumstances being qualifying after reading how they interpret the statute.

Click here to post comments

Return to Quitting and Unemployment.

} }