Search This Site.

Can i receive benefits if my spouse is relocating From Ky to Tn?

My husband is relocating to a job in Tennessee so our family is moving to Tn from Kentucky at the end of the month. I am currently a teacher here in KY (resignation already turned in). There are no teaching jobs in the area we are moving to and they are not hiring substitute teachers. Can I receive unemployment benefits?


According to the Nonmonetary eligibility chart at the USDOLUSDOL the answer is no.

The possible exception is if your spouse was military and the state the spouse was transferred to had a similar statute.

KY has not made any changes to their statutes to comply with the UIMA (Unemployment Insurance Modernization Act) to receive additional stimulus money.

Changing this statute would be one way to pick up a portion of that money.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }