Search This Site.

Can I receive unemployment if I no longer have childcare?

A few weeks ago my Father became ill and needs care 24/7. My Mother now has to be with him all the time. My Husband works for Homeland Security, works graveyard and is always ordered to stay. So he is unable to help our children. While I was at work, my Mother would help care for my children (7, 4 and 1 year old). I was a full-time, salaried employee and asked to be a commission only employee. They said no and that they would have to replace me based on my circumstances. Can I receive unemployment for this reason in the state of New Mexico?

Hi Anonymous,

Very doubtful.

Here is the link to New Mexico's precedent manual which explains why your reason would be without good cause and disqualifying.

You'll want to read 3:17 in the index.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }