Search This Site.

can you file if your not getting 40 hours a week

by victor
(winchester , ks , usa )

my job is making me take days off with no pay because there isn't enough work for a 40 hour week.

Hi Victor,

Yes, it is possible to collect partial benefits for this type of situation, but you must be working less than what your state defines as full-time work.

In Kansas, that is any week in which you earn less than what your weekly benefit amount would be.

You can find a resource to calculate what your WBA would be on the page about unemployment pay

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }