Search This Site.

Can you get unemployment due to your spouse being relocated due to his job in Kansas or Missouri?

by Anonymous

My husband lives in Dallas FortWorth and I live in Kansas City. I will be joining him soon. Will I be eligible for unemployment until I find a job?

I am a salary employee and am still at my job. However, my husband has been living in a different state for over a year and now it's time for me to move so we can be a family.

Hi Anonymous,

It depends on whether you live in Kansas City, Kansas or Kansas City, Missouri.

Kansas has a provision that allows unemployment if a spouse was transferred or accepted new work at a location beyond a reasonable commuting distance.

Missouri only allows unemployment to quit and follow a spouse if the claimant and the spouse have the same employer. Ya right, that happens everyday. Talk about a stupid statute....unless it helps you out:)


Click here to post comments

Return to Quitting and Unemployment.

} }