Search This Site.

Florida unemployment when you quit to move?

by Martha
(Orlando, FL)

My husband lost his job in July. If I quit my job I have had for the last 11 years in Florida, to move to NY, can I collect unemployment? Can he as well?

Hi Martha,

Nope. Florida does not pay unemployment for quitting to move unless you are doing it to follow a military spouse.

If your husband is collecting presently he should still be able to collect in New York, but he may need to register with New York for work through their unemployment department.

All the links to the state unemployment websites are on this page Check there to find out.


Click here to post comments

Return to Ask Florida Unemployment Questions.

} }