Search This Site.

Formerly employed , now self employed in the same state of Florida

by Tara

from December 2002 through April 2006 I was employed and my employers I assume paid the unemployment taxes for me. I have been self-employed now in florida(same state) for the past 4 years. I am a personal assistant for an elderly enfirmed man and the job will end upon his death or total disability. Will I be able to collect unemployment for past unemployment paid on my behalf in the other job?

Hi Tara,

No. The wages from that 02-06 job will no longer be within the base period they will establish to monetarily qualify you for unemployment.

Click here to post comments

Return to Ask Florida Unemployment Questions.

} }