Search This Site.

having to move to another state due to husbands illness

by diane

My husband has been diagnosed with als and we will be

moving from california to wisconsin to be nearer to
family members therefore i had to quit my job, can i collect unemployment and in what state would i apply for

Yes you can, but you will have to prove the compelling and necessitous reason for quitting. I know what it was .. but I try to stress that they still require us to try to preserve the job ..

You can file the claim in either state, but it will be a CA claim.

So read the CA eligibility guide .. it has a section just for your circumstances.

Click here to post comments

Return to Quitting and Unemployment.

} }