Search This Site.

How do I transfer my unemployment claim to another state.

by AMP
(South Carolina)

Yes I was wondering would I still be eligible for my benefits if I moved to a different state, saying from South Carolina to Florida. I want to transfer my benefits due to personal reasons.

I am to the point where my benefits are about to exhaust again and if I'm not able to find a job in Florida within the time they do, i was wondering if I could also file for a extension there. Please provide me with this information.


This would be an administrative function of the two states. Some states do have statutes regarding locality of your job search which should be checked.

My suggestion is that you call the South Carolina unemployment agency to find out if it's okay to do this and if so how to go about it.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits FAQ's.

} }