Search This Site.

Husband being relocated from Pennsylvania to Florida - wife has to quit job. Can I collect unemployment for good cause?

by tracey

My husband is being relocated to Florida. We currently live in Pennsylvania. The wife works full time, hourly position and will need to quit. Can she claim unemployment?

Hi Tracey,

Yes PA can allow for benefits for a spouse trailing a spouse, but please read what the PA eligibility guide says.

"Spouse Following Spouse
To be eligible, the claimant must show that the reason for the spouse's relocation was beyond the spouse's control, and that such relocation created economic circumstances which could not be overcome or that it was economically impossible to maintain two residences.

Or you can read it for yourself here.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }