Search This Site.

i resigned my position due to incapablility of position

by sharon
(campton, nh)

I resigned due to being incapable of handeling the position I was contracted for. I have been a 1-1 sped aide for the past 2 years. I felt it would be too much on me to take on another 1-1 special needs child in which I did not feel I could handle. 1-1 special ed. aide is a burn out position and I had asked to be a classroom aide, but was given another 1-1 aide. My position was terminated due to my student of 2 years has moved on to highschool. Will I be able to collect unemployment. I spoke with my supervisor and he was trying to find me another position inside the school, but to no avail. I have been in the school system doing various positions for 21 years.

Hi Sharon,

New Hampshire requires that any quit be attributable to the employer .. even for health reasons.

This means that you will need to show that first your reason for seeking a different kind of work with the employer was valid and that their inability to provide different work was the cause for the separation or the refusal of the work they did offer.


Click here to post comments

Return to Quitting and Unemployment.

} }