Search This Site.

I was hurt while I was working (Work Comp.)


I was getting work comp, but now its over a year old and now i'M GETTING MY UNEMPLOYMENT CHECKS NOW--they offer a pay out of A COUPLE OF THOUSAND BUT IT ONLY one time PAYMENT and I WILL HAVE TO SIGN A release FOR them from anything future from this accident dr treatmrnt or bills from medical treatment; I'll HAVE TO pay off bills from this time will unemployment stop my benefits?

Hi Linda,

I'm not sure I quite understand what you are saying, but I'll give it a go.

It sounds like you've been on worker's comp for quite a while .. which is something altogether different than unemployment insurance or even temporary disability unemployment except that people fired after they receive worker's comp often find that all that's left is unemployment .. and then they may not qualify due to not enough wages or puny wages left in their "base period".

If someone is offering a "worker's comp settlement" and they are requiring you to sign a form stating that acceptance of 2000 dollars is releasing anyone from further liabilities (you decide to sue later) You had better contact a lawyer specializing in Worker Comp claims and quick. You have a limited amount of time to do so.

I know very little about worker's comp except that there are also companies out their doing the same thing for employers that they do with regard to unemployment .. trying to reduce the cost of it.

Contact lawyers. I'm sure you'll be able to find one willing to do a free consultation when you mention Workman Compensation problems. There's money in worker comp claims .. that makes it worth their time.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }