Search This Site.

My husband went to prison for 18 years. Can I collect unemployment benefits for him?

My husband went to prison for 18 years.

He is just starting his sentence, but he was working full time before he went to prison.

We have two children and I want to know if I am able to collect his unemployment for him.


The answer is an obvious no for two reasons.

1. Does not sound like he lost his job through no fault of his own.

2. Conditional requirements to collect unemployment include that he must be able and available to look for suitable work and accept it when/if it comes his way.


Click here to post comments

Return to Can I get unemployment if I have been fired?.

} }