Search This Site.

New Hampshire | Fired for losing drivers license ( first offense DWI)

I live in NH and will lose my job when my license is suspended for DWI. Driving from location to location is part of my job. So can I collect unemployment compensation?

I doubt it. If driving is part of your job it is your responsibility to "maintain" the license.

Although getting a DUI is not misconduct connected with the work driving while intoxicated is illegal and it is known to all that if one gets caught you will probably lose your license.

My guess is that the determination will say that you were discharged for failing to maintain your license and should have known that your actions would put your job in jeopady .. which requires a license.

If the employer has any positions that do not require a driver's license .. you might try asking the employer to move you to one ..

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }