Search This Site.

Quitting to follow a spouse in South Carolina

I resigned. I told my employer that I was moving out of state due to my husband's job being a transfer. They denied my claim. Now I'm trying to fight it. What can I do?


Not much. South Carolina does not allow unemployment when one quits to follow their spouse to a new location.

Furthermore, SC has not claimed the 97.5 million dollars made available by the stimulus to states that change legislation to modernize unemployment.

Quitting to follow a spouse is one of the ways they could have changed their laws to be entitled to claim a portion of that money.

Here's a
chart which lists each states efforts to modernize .. or not.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }