Search This Site.

Quitting to move closer to husband

by Roxana

I will be getting. Married next month my soon to be husband lives and works two hours away. The commute is too hard. My job doesn't offer a transfer. I would still be in california just another city ? Would I be eligible for unemployment? Thanks

Hi Roxana
Eligibility is at least possible when you quit to follow your husband to a new location because the California UIBDG says so. (Link goes to Q&A's specific to CA).

However, as quitting does put the burden of proof on the you, the claimant, I would advise you to read, understand, and take very seriously, what is explained by the EDD.

California has a good resource and you can find links to it by reading previous questions from others needing CA unemployment benefits when quitting to follow their spouse to a new location impractical to commute from.

I provided the link to the UIBDG (unemployment insurance benefits determination guide) often because it addresses the concerns of your burden of proving good cause to get the benefits.

Click here to post comments

Return to Quitting and Unemployment.

} }