Search This Site.

Quitting to move from California to another state.for non-compelling reasons.

by Barbara
(yuba city)

I live in California and my husband and I recently bought a house in MO. We want to move there in 7 months. If we quit our jobs can we get unemployment?

Hi Barbara,

Please take a look at this page at the EDD.

It should become clear that a person needs a compelling reason to quit. You didn't explain why you have bought a house seven months prior to moving, but I assume it has nothing to do with anyone being transferred.

If you had to quit to follow your husband because he was transferred or offered a better job..then you could probably get unemployment....if you filed in California.

Click here to post comments

Return to California Unemployment Questions.

} }