Search This Site.

unemployment in another state

by Lorine
(San Diego CA)

If a person gets fired from a job in CA because of abandonment, will it be possible to collect unemployment in another state?

Probably not. First of all abandonment is a voluntary quit.

The states are connected and when you file a claim in another state they still have to find your wage credits. If they are located in another state they will still contact the employers in your base period.

There are no secrets anymore .. and there are very effective methods for "unemployment fraud detection" which are always being improved upon.

They will eventually catch up with you .. it's just not worth the worry or the trouble you'd be buying.

Click here to post comments

Return to California Unemployment Questions.

} }