to draw massachusetts unemployment,do you have to live or work in massachusetts to draw it?

To draw Massachusetts unemployment ,do you have to live in that state to get it?

If you are asking whether in order to get the high paying WBA .. yes, you would need to file a claim for which MA is a liable state.

In other words, if you lived and work in NH .. but now live in Mass, you can't collect Massachusetts very nice weekly benefits .. because NH is the liable you are claiming against ...

It use to happen when someone filed a combined wage claim in MA .. they might get the amount that Massachusetts would give per week whether they had any MA wages or not, but that loophole was closed at the beginning of 2009.

But let's say all your wages in your base period are in Mass, but you have decided to move to another state to look for work .. you would still get Mass benefits while living in the other state .. looking for work because Massachusetts is the liable state.

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

Unemployment Appeal Assistance

Low Cost Qualified Appeal Coach

 Representation at an Unemployment Appeal 

Find Out More -   A Free Initial Consultation is Part of The Deal.


Search This Site

Eligibility  Questions 

 Eligibility Answers 

Work Smart News

Leverage for All Employees

Your E-mail Address
First Name

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you Work Smart News.