Search This Site.

Will I be able to collect Unemployment benefits in CA, if I owe back taxes?

by Brittney
(San Francisco, CA)

I have recently appealed a decision in CA and won my unemployment benefits. I was fired from my job May 30, 2009. Will I receive my benefits even if I owe back taxes?

Hi Britney,

That's a good question although I don't know the answer. I do know that unemployment overpayments can intercept tax returns.

I instinct is to ask if your wages were being garnished for the back taxes.

I think the best information I can give you is to ask the question of either the EDD .. an attorney, the IRS .. or maybe just check California's codes first

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment Benefits Questions.

} }