Search This Site.

Working and training in real estate

by Richard
(Orange park Fl)

If you go to work for a real estate agency for training in real estate after getting your license.

Can you still receive unemployment benefits because there is no income for many months.



No Richard, because you wouldn't be able and available for any other work .. and you wouldn't be unemployed anymore .. unemployment benefits are only paid to people who are in "state approved training".

Richard, I had to come back and qualify my answer a bit. I mean no if you would be working full-time, but if it is part-time work you might still be able to collect a partial benefit.

Additionally, if you are planning on becoming a real estate agent .. you should check to see if the money you do earn as an agent would be considered as "covered employment".

Many states exclude real estate and insurance agents on commissions as being in "covered employment".

Click here to post comments

Return to Unemployment and School.

} }